Supporting Materials for the Texas Legislative Update, Texas Traffic Safety Conference, June 10, 2015
|Hon. Juan “Chuy” Hinojosa
Texas State Senator
|Hon. Tommy Williams
Vice Chancellor for Federal and State Relations
Texas A&M University System
Key Legislative Sites:
- Constitution, statutes, legislation, legislators: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/
- Mobile site for the above: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/mytlo/mobile/default.aspx
- Governor’s vetoes: http://www.lrl.state.tx.us/legis/Vetoes/vetoesBySession.cfm?legSession=84-0
- Reading Statutes and Bills (Texas Legislative Council): http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/pubslegref/readingabill.pdf
This session is dedicated to the memory of Chief Floyd Simpson, Corpus Christi Police Department.
Other items of interest
- TTI Crash Test, the most viewed video at the Texas Tribune: https://youtu.be/OhfZlznuaVE
- http://www.cdc.gov/Motorvehiclesafety/costs/index.html CDC offers a new interactive calculator, called the Motor Vehicle PICCS (Prioritizing Interventions and Cost Calculator for States), pronounced “picks”. This tool will help state decision makers prioritize and select from a suite of 12 effective motor vehicle injury prevention interventions. It is designed to calculate the expected number of injuries prevented and lives saved at the state level and the costs of implementation, while taking into account available resources. A fact sheet for each intervention and a final report with a user guide are included.
- Access Across America: Walking 2014 http://access.umn.edu/research/america/walking/2014/