Note: This project is completed and no longer being updated.
I can’t physically get you a seat at the table as policy is formed, but I can do the next best thing. New this session of the Texas Legislature, adding value through the Texas A&M Transportation Institute by applying transparency practices to transportation policy. This effort includes:
- Providing daily updates for a list of transportation bills filed, sorted by category, at https://tti.tamu.edu/policy/85r/
- Tweeting a list of the day’s new transportation bills via @StevenPolunsky
- Blogging to provide background, analysis, and behind the scenes insight at https://tti.tamu.edu/policy/category/blog/
- Liveblogging legislative hearings at https://tti.tamu.edu/policy/liveblog/
- Packaging all or some of the above along with featured research in a newsletter (subscribe at https://tti.tamu.edu/policy/)
- Responding to questions posted through the above and other social media channels
- Preparing live seminars for Legislators, staff, and the public on timely issues.
- Maintaining our interim legislative activity tracker at https://tti.tamu.edu/policy/txtransportation-legislation/84i/
- Keeping our list of what passed and what didn’t from prior sessions at https://tti.tamu.edu/policy/txtransportation-legislation/84biennial-legislation/
- Seeking other opportunities to augment transparency in the legislative process.